SailNet Community - View Single Post - Alberg 30 for sale - extensive refit over 2011/2012, very nice boat
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012
Senior Slacker

SlowButSteady is on a distinguished road
Re: Alberg 30 for sale - extensive refit over 2011/2012, very nice boat

Obviously, it's up to you. However, I would give it at least a few weeks/months before I parted with a project I had finally finished after all that work and expense. So, why not just sail the bejeezus out of her for the summer and see how things feel in a month or two?

In any case, at your asking price, you're probably not going to sell her anytime soon (particularly w/o an inboard). I know, I know, with all the time, effort, and money you've invested you probably think your asking price is more than reasonable. But, unless you find a buyer who wants a boat refit exactly the way you refit Heron you're not gonna get nearly your asking price. That means you'll either have to settle for substantially less, or wait until your boating "twin" happens by.

So, go ahead and keep her on the market. Just don't expect to sell her for several months. Sail her in the meantime, and see how you feel about things in a month or two.
Charlotte Bacon, Daniel Barden, Rachel Davino, Olivia Josephine Gay, Ana M. Marquez-Greene, Dylan Hockley, Dawn Hochsprung, Madeleine F. Hsu, Catherine V. Hubbard, Chase Kowalski, Jesse Lewis, James Mattioli , Grace McDonnell, Anne Marie Murphy, Emilie Parker, Jack Pinto, Noah Pozner, Caroline Previdi, Jessica Rekos, Avielle Richman, Lauren Rousseau, Mary Sherlach, Victoria Soto, Benjamin Wheeler, Allison N. Wyatt
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook