SailNet Community - View Single Post - O'Day 222 1985 For Sale
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012

Yado is on a distinguished road
O'Day 222 1985 For Sale-Price Drop

$4,400 plus a hard bargain will get you a really good deal on a 1985 O'Day w/titled trailer and excellent engine, especially if it's your first "big boat" :-)
I like to recycle my toys for fair value.
Asking: $4,400 with trailer and like-new engine, and reasonable offers considered.

For comparison, a new Catalina 22 costs well over $15,000.
I've compiled a list of similar boats on the market for you to compare.
A 1986 O'Day 222 with engine and trailer recently sold for $4,800 in Norfolk, VA.

For more information contact Michael (YADO) at oday222forsale@gmail.com

Pictures are here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1041453...M_nmfazroiF3QE

General condition and any additional information:
Great Chesapeake Bay boat! Fast, good upwind and on calm air days, shallow draft keel with 5’ centerboard on line up-haul in cockpit (as opposed to a crank-up keel on a Catalina 22), kick up rudder, custom O’Day set up for single-handing from the cockpit (unlike the standard O’Day 222 or the Catalina 22).
This boat is rigged to sail like a sailing dingy or a weekend cruiser.

Condition: I had a surveyor look at the boat and it's in average condition and the hull is clean. The trailer and boat have been sitting for 2 years now. I sailed it for years and year and thought I'd fix it up again, but wont' get to it. I'll be glad to tell anyone everything I know about the boat, what could be improved, etc..

Upgraded Sailing Features: O’Day dealer in Long Island upgraded this boat for performance sailing:
Hardware:
Professionally installed traveler on cockpit step (as opposed to standard transom, fixed main sheet); jib tracks installed on decks outside of cabin top (in addition to standard cabin top jib tracks), 2 new Lewmar 6 winches with cam cleats installed in cockpit for jib (as opposed to standard cabin top jib winches); new Lewmar 6 cabin top halyard winch and stops used for main and spinnaker halyards (in addition to standard winch on mast.), masthead wind indicator.

Navigation Features: New Danforth bulkhead compass; Fishfinder with depth gauge mounted to view from cockpit and/or inside cabin; VHF radio w/masthead antenna.

Standard Features:
Like new Nissan 4 stroke, 4HP long shaft. Low hours, less than 20. It sat for two years so I had a new carburetor and fuel pump installed by a dealer (Alcohol eats up carburetors if they sit too long.). Load Rite trailer, 1996, stored off of the ground, on jacks, when left for more than a month. O’Day dealer fit boat to bunks. Single axle. O’Day Model 222 (22ft) with all standard factory features. Newer Cruising Direct (North) main and jib, both in good condition w/bags; cloth feels crisp. Mainsail kept under cover and roller-furling jib has Sunbrella panel. Bottom was taken down to gel coat in 2008 and has 2 light coats of ablative. Alcohol stove, like new. Portable head. Fresh water pump sink. Shoal keel and retractable centerboard 1’8” up, 4’8” down. Folding stainless steel swim ladder. Adjustable motor mount replaced in 2005. Folding kick-up rudder. New tiller, w/spare and Tiller Tamer. Beautiful O’Day Blue interior cushions and bedding in great shape. Folding teak-wood table for cabin and cockpit. Boat specs can be found online or from owner.

Extra gear included: Everything you would need to start sailing, today.
Forespar adjustable whisker pole; Loos gauge for adjusting rigging; padded life line covers for hiking out; newer vinyl covered life lines; tiller extension; winch handle; anchor with bag; solar panel for trickle charge; exterior new gas tank and line; tool kit; cleaning products; dock lines; adult life jackets; 2 dog life jacket; childrens' life jacket; throw cushion; Windscoop for ventilation; insect screens for hatches; 4 Taylor Made fenders in a bag (2010).

Contact Michael at oday222forsale@gmail.com

Last edited by Yado; 06-10-2012 at 01:39 PM. Reason: price change
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook