SailNet Community - View Single Post - share with me, your words of wisdom
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012

CaptainForce will become famous soon enough
Re: share with me, your words of wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.aaron View Post
The times I've spent anchored for a few months out in some back country wilderness area, I start out missing the bar and town, then I'm good for a while, then I miss town again. When I get back to town, I miss the wilderness and quiet, then I'm ok for a while, then I can't wait to get back out there again. Round and round it goes.
I saw a recent study that showed people had the greatest joy and happiness just before a vacation compared to during or after the event. We do the same thing as Capt.aaron describes. We are thrilled to be off to the wilderness anchorage and then a couple weeks later we're singing and hooting in the cockpit as we're approaching port. We are excited to start an adventure north in the summer and thrilled to be back in "home waters" for the winter. We love to "cut the cord" after languishing at a marina for the monthly rate, but excited to have the chance to plug into shore power a long time later. 'best to enjoy putting the anchor down as bringing it up!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Take Care and Joy, Aythya Crew
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook