SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Spirit 28
Thread: The Spirit 28
View Single Post
post #3 of Old 10-31-2006 Thread Starter
For the next year or so I will be content to sail the Grand lake, have plans to move the boat to Robert S. Kerr lake which is on the Kerr/McMillan water way. This is only 15 miles from the house. Now that I will be close , I can finish the refit , plans are to take The Arkansas to the Mississippi down to the Gulf cruse down the west cost fort fl around the keys then do a little Island hopping. The PO had removed the toilet and replaced with a port-a-potty, I started to install a new one , then realized I could use this to my advantage, by replacing the old holding tank installing some vents I now have an additional 12 gal of fuel 30 gallons in all, The owners manual called for an additional 24 gallon water tank under the V birth, total water supply now 49 gallons, I have also installed solar panels for both the starting and house batteries. Storage space is somewhat limited, but crew size is only two. Am I fooling myself that 28 foot is adequate for costal and island hopping or will the bigger is better dragon raze its ugly head?
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome