SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Spirit 28
Thread: The Spirit 28
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006

kennya is on a distinguished road
For the next year or so I will be content to sail the Grand lake, have plans to move the boat to Robert S. Kerr lake which is on the Kerr/McMillan water way. This is only 15 miles from the house. Now that I will be close , I can finish the refit , plans are to take The Arkansas to the Mississippi down to the Gulf cruse down the west cost fort fl around the keys then do a little Island hopping. The PO had removed the toilet and replaced with a port-a-potty, I started to install a new one , then realized I could use this to my advantage, by replacing the old holding tank installing some vents I now have an additional 12 gal of fuel 30 gallons in all, The owners manual called for an additional 24 gallon water tank under the V birth, total water supply now 49 gallons, I have also installed solar panels for both the starting and house batteries. Storage space is somewhat limited, but crew size is only two. Am I fooling myself that 28 foot is adequate for costal and island hopping or will the bigger is better dragon raze its ugly head?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook