SailNet Community - View Single Post - Any experience on a good racing watch?
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012

DrB will become famous soon enough
Had one of these

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryL View Post
Wow, what a thread!

I have a casio sea pathfinder watch (SPF40-1V). It's a little price (close to $200) but it's great to sailing and racing. It has the racing countdown timer you wanted (including the ability to sync it) and also has a barometer, compass, tide display, and a number of other features. It's rugged and has been reliable.

Ever since I lost and expensive watch overboard, I only wear 'cheap' watches when on the boat.

Barry
This was cool watch when I got it, but when I changed the battery, the seal didn't reseal well and I got sea water in it and it killed the watch. Had it for 8 months. When I replaced the battery, I took it the same place I have my Tag Heuer watch resealed, so I know these guys know how to reseal and pressure check a watch. The o-ring seal in the Casio is very, very thin. Maybe they changed it since then, but I had bad luck with mine. Never had an issue with other Casio watches.

YMMV.

DrB