SailNet Community - View Single Post - Any experience on a good racing watch?
View Single Post
post #27 of Old 06-04-2012
DrB

Had one of these

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryL View Post
Wow, what a thread!

I have a casio sea pathfinder watch (SPF40-1V). It's a little price (close to $200) but it's great to sailing and racing. It has the racing countdown timer you wanted (including the ability to sync it) and also has a barometer, compass, tide display, and a number of other features. It's rugged and has been reliable.

Ever since I lost and expensive watch overboard, I only wear 'cheap' watches when on the boat.

Barry
This was cool watch when I got it, but when I changed the battery, the seal didn't reseal well and I got sea water in it and it killed the watch. Had it for 8 months. When I replaced the battery, I took it the same place I have my Tag Heuer watch resealed, so I know these guys know how to reseal and pressure check a watch. The o-ring seal in the Casio is very, very thin. Maybe they changed it since then, but I had bad luck with mine. Never had an issue with other Casio watches.

YMMV.

DrB

If you liked my advice/response, give me some rep points. If you didn't......well what do you expect, it was free.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome