SailNet Community - View Single Post - New C&C 24 Project Boat
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012

JeepCollector91 is on a distinguished road
Re: New C&C 24 Project Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by souljour2000 View Post
Thanks for posting your video Jeep...that look like a good old boat...too bad...but at least some other folks will be happy to have some parts...Still hate to see 'em chopped up but I get where you are coming from..>Some day there wont be nearly as many fiberglass boats like this anymore...and the new ones will be 80 grand bare bones no frills...that day is not far off...Thanks again though for posting a good video.
I really wanted to restore the C&C but just don't have the time or money to put into it. For the amount of money I would spend on keeping it in a slip for a year, I could save & completely restore another old aluminum Starcraft.

I tried selling the C&C for almost a year but everyone was too afraid to attempt transporting it themselves. I even lowered the price to $900 without the motor expecting to find it a good home but still no takers. I even tried offering to accept a small outboard (2.5-8hp 2-stroke) or starcraft parts as a partial trade. Still no takers. I have had several request for parts so now that is the route I have to go. I am not looking forward to making the first cut in the hull. It will be in the landfill sometime next week. Poor C&C.

I am still going to sell my '93 Yamaha 9.9 FourStroke High Thrust 25" shaft outboard.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook