SailNet Community - View Single Post - Do you personally get seasick?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012
Stupor-user.

SHNOOL is on a distinguished road
Re: Do you personally get seasick?

I can attest that after years of sailing, I had never gotten sick even once... Then I went out Cape Fear with a friend of mine fishing on his 22 foot powerboat, and we were fishing parallel to shore... He got sick within seconds of being out... I got green, but never over the rail, never threw up. These guys speak TRUTH! I'd have rather been over the rail! It took me 24 hours to get over that feeling, even after I was on shore for 12 of it.

Seasickness is normal, and being over the rail is better than toughing it out. 12 days sounds extreme. It does go away, or should or there is something else up. I've not been sick since. Lemme rephrase that, I get sick every time I try to watch a Blair witch type movie, or one of these modern 3-D type computer games. It's obviously a visual thing for me, less than the motion. An interesting thought occurred to me just now, I wonder if it'd not happen if I were to cover 1 eye. HMMMM.

Finally, I have to say exposure should have fixed this for you, so you may have some kind of inner ear thing, or the like.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook