SailNet Community - View Single Post - Best boat for up the Potomac?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012

stegosaurus! is on a distinguished road
Re: Best boat for up the Potomac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yado View Post
stegosaurus,
I own the 1985 O'Day 222 that was kindly referred to and live less than a mile away from the Belle Haven marina. I would have sold it through George but they're no longer allowed to sell boats on the property; National Park rules or something.
Many, many people started sailing there just like you, I had a slip there and windsurfed and sailed O'Days and Catalinas and Flying Scots and paddled canoes, etc.... right there on the Potomac; I know the water.
The O'Day 222 is the perfect boat for the upper Potomac with the center board and kick up rudder, and believe me, you will run aground. Had a friend open up the stern on his Catalina 25 just north of the Wilson Bridge in the shallows.
PM me and let's talk, not just about my boat but what's best for you at this point. Owning a boat may or may not be best, and someone will buy mine in time.
Yeah, the O'day seems pretty good (along with the o'day 23 and Morgan 22 etc). So far the Morgan 22 seems to be the best, but its not like id pass up the others. Oh, I can't pm you yet Yado , so I chat messaged you just waiting for you to accept...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook