SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is a 44' too much?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012

JustinB is on a distinguished road
Re: Is a 44' too much?

She is a beautiful boat, but I'm afraid it isn't economical to get fixed. The hull is splitting and my friend is worried it will split more when it gets hoisted. He hasn't formally accepted the option to buy back the boat yet. He talked to CCSB and they have an interest in it so hopefully it will go there. I would love to have the boat but it's not in my cards to take on something that big.

I am going to make a new topic so I can figure out what boat to get now. My Cat 27 is a bit small so I want to move up a bit into a 30-something foot boat. The Cape Dory 30 has caught my eye but I'm sure it's too expensive.

As far as my Azores trip. It was so uneventful it was almost painful. It was just sunny and warm like August should be. Only 2 rainstorms. I snoozed on the bench next to the wheel. I read on my Kindle alot, listened to music, grilled alot on my Weber galley que. The auto pilot made it easy. I just had to deal with the pesky sails I know little about. I ran into one boat the whole time I was out of sight of shore. They said hi on the VHF.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook