SailNet Community - View Single Post - Replacing V berth foam material
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Memory Foam Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRelyea View Post
check out overstock dot com for their memory foam mattress toppers ... (I've got no affiliation with the company). I got one of their 4" foam toppers and really like it.
This may be the greatest upgrade to boating since the sail ! Thanks.

We bought a 4" memory foam topper from these guys for $180. We cut it to fit with a serrated knife and put a regular mattress pad over it to hold it to the current mattress.

For over 30 years, i've slept on everything from a cloth pipe berth to the cockpit. Our beds had what turns out to be 1.5 inch toppers on them before, which felt nice, but didn't really do much. Our mattresses themselves are in good shape, but like most, are very hard.

This thick topper was night and day. It's softer than the real temperpedic at home, but put over the existing mattress, we are brand new for what it would have cost just to have a good mattress measured.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook