SailNet Community - View Single Post - Difference between alcohol & kerosene stove?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012

UsailIbail! is on a distinguished road
Re: Difference between alcohol & kerosene stove?

yes, that is very much what I have in mind. However, the price tag is not in my league. I am not wealthy.. but I am very handy brazing, fitting, welding, etc. That is why I purchased this vessel in the condition that it is in. The vessel is an extraordinary hull built in Holland that needs a whole lot of work - but in the end she will again be a fine yacht. There is no other way I could do this...

Back to the stove... I am looking for a very nice stove that I can afford. That is why I am asking about the alcohol stoves... I have seen a handful out there that look very well built and will increase the end value of this rebuild. My question remains... can an alcohol stove be readily refit into a kerosene? or are they completely different.

Thanks for the chatter. More is welcome... still don't have this figured out. For reference, I am looking at spending a couple of hundred bucks for a refitable sleeper somewhere.. I have nothing but time to find it, but I still need to know what is worth looking into.

Thanks!

Jay

Last edited by UsailIbail!; 06-13-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook