SailNet Community - View Single Post - Difference between alcohol & kerosene stove?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012

UsailIbail! is on a distinguished road
Re: Difference between alcohol & kerosene stove?

erps, great video! A whale under the keel.... explain that feeling to the nautically challenged! Wonderful...

In following everyones thoughts further it occurred to me that the way to look at this is; in an ideal world (for my boat anyways) I'd love to try diesel for the main fuel for everything. My history with kero has been favorable and I have wondered about using straight diesel, but I have never seen it in use for a stove or heater. My boat is certainly tanked for it. In thinking about this does anyone have any experience with diesel for the stove fuel? I am used to the obvious fume issue from kero... I wonder if diesel is much different?

The thoughts you have posted are steering me toward looking for a used alcohol stove and converting it. Looking further into that would anyone know of a PROVEN REPUTABLE dealer for the primus parts for kero and also a link to parts or information for diesel stoves?

Thanks!
Sail on!

ps. this photo is of Aperio after she first arrived from Florida last November. My son (14 y.o) and I are just finishing the site work for the roof structure under which she will live for the refit. Hope to have the roof up within a month or so.

J.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN3436 copy.jpg (80.3 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by UsailIbail!; 06-13-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook