SailNet Community - View Single Post - Morgan 24
Thread: Morgan 24
View Single Post
post #48 of Old 06-13-2012 Thread Starter
Re: Morgan 24

Getting the Bung out of the water tank and replacing it with a PVC one has allowed me to move on. I have nearly replaced all of the old beat up teak cleats with black nylon with flat aluminum stock rather than washers as a backing plate, and have done the impossible - like building a ship in a bottle I have also replaced the cleats that are on the forward part of the coaming near the aft bulkhead of the cabin! Using sticks, lashing a wrench to it using duct tape on a piece of PVC as my "sticky bomb" to pick up nonferris stainless an aluminum I may have dropped, the old washers and nuts. It took two sticks and 2.5" 1/4" stainless screws to make getting the aluminum backing plate over both screws up inside the coaming - by doing this I did not have to drill any holes in the fiberglass. I had to crouch inside the sail locker on each side and my older son did help me turning the screw driver while I held a socket taped to a wrench with the nut in it. It can indeed be done if you use your noggin.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome