SailNet Community - View Single Post - Morgan 24
Thread: Morgan 24
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012

gpwil3847 is on a distinguished road
Re: Morgan 24

Getting the Bung out of the water tank and replacing it with a PVC one has allowed me to move on. I have nearly replaced all of the old beat up teak cleats with black nylon with flat aluminum stock rather than washers as a backing plate, and have done the impossible - like building a ship in a bottle I have also replaced the cleats that are on the forward part of the coaming near the aft bulkhead of the cabin! Using sticks, lashing a wrench to it using duct tape on a piece of PVC as my "sticky bomb" to pick up nonferris stainless an aluminum I may have dropped, the old washers and nuts. It took two sticks and 2.5" 1/4" stainless screws to make getting the aluminum backing plate over both screws up inside the coaming - by doing this I did not have to drill any holes in the fiberglass. I had to crouch inside the sail locker on each side and my older son did help me turning the screw driver while I held a socket taped to a wrench with the nut in it. It can indeed be done if you use your noggin.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook