SailNet Community - View Single Post - Typical procedure to copy title for Harbormaster?
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012
Swab

vega1860 is on a distinguished road
Re: Typical procedure to copy title for Harbormaster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody M View Post
First time owner. My question is. . Is it normally accepted that when you rent a slip for your boat at a marina that the Harbormaster request a copy of your boat title? I understand the reason for proof of insurance is in case I park my boat in his office, but I have heard some nasty rumors that a marina in my area falsifies records to illegally obtain ownership and sell your boat in a lien sale. Don't want to believe it, but.. I've heard it from 2 different people.
It is normal for a marina to require proof of ownership in the form of copies of the vessel document or state registration and proof of insurance with the marina named as additionally insured. As for the rumors, if you do not pay your rent the marina has a right to place a lien on the vessel. If a particular marina has a bad reputation, do not deal with them. Work with reputable operators and pay your bills on time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook