SailNet Community - View Single Post - State Sen. Kehoe drops anti fouling paint bill
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: State Sen. Kehoe drops anti fouling paint bill

I tried to read up a bit on the Bay's problem with copper. Is this really about saving the Salmon? Which, as I understand, you can't commercially fish there anyway? I also read that brake dust from vehicles is the number one source of copper in the Bay.

What is it with the narrow minded people that insist this planet stay exactly the way they found it, when that's not the natural order of things. Otherwise, humans should have stayed put in Mesopotamia and dinosaurs should still roam the earth. You can't stop evolution and one species will always impact another. Germs spread, viruses spread, seeds spread and animals spread. The planet has fully frozen over and melted before, without factories even existing on the planet.

I do not advocate doing whatever you want. You can over tax the environment to our own detriment and there are many examples of that throughout modern history. But our impact can not and does not have to be zero. Whether there are any salmon in SF Bay is unlikely to have any detrimental impact on our Global environment and its ability to sustain human life. Its only the later that I give a darn about and we should do something about. Salmon did not always exist as a species, nor did they always exist in SF Bay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook