SailNet Community - View Single Post - Difference between alcohol & kerosene stove?
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012

UsailIbail! is on a distinguished road
Re: Difference between alcohol & kerosene stove?

Thank you all very much. Your replies give me a very solid start and now at least I have an idea what direction I can move in.

I did not know about the aviation fuel being kerosene... a very good thing to know!

To answer the question where am I going with this vessel? The short answer is that after a few deaths of my closest friends recently I realized that prior to leaving this wonderful planet for good, I would very much like to at least see it. I have read many of the books written by those who have managed to make the trip in a way similar to my requirements (not much cash, but fairly handy with the tools). Previously, I lived on my wooden double ender between Maine (USA) and South America. I tried to talk my fiance into making the big loop and she didn't have any interest. She is still of the same opinion. But I came to realize that now is the time for me to go... on my own if need be. I only hope I am able to survive long enough to complete the event! Departing when the kids are old enough to make the decision whether or not they want to climb aboard. Sure hope they do! Not many others I know understand the drive... it is so strong I am not able to describe it.

Life is not just 'good'.... it's awesome.

Sail on!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook