SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pearson 26 bulkhead delamination
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012

RichH will become famous soon enough
Re: Pearson 26 bulkhead delamination

Quote:
Originally Posted by klshoreguy View Post

Thanks for all that information. Looks a like a tough job but with a good return. Door closes just fine right now. Maybe a little "Git Rot" would slow the rotting of the wood. I am trying to attach a picture so you see what I saw. It is under the port side settee. If you have a diagrams or photos on how this is done that would help me understand the process better. Do I need to have the mast down to do this? thanks again.

Getting the boat regardless because I basically getting it for free and I can always sell the engine to recover the costs and either donate the hull or cut her up into little pieces for the trash man. I was told about $1000 to fix this by a local part timer but I think I maybe able to handle this job.
Your pic shows an aux. bulkhead whose tabbing has come loose ... probably from improper blocking of the hull with jackstands, etc.

This is an EASY fix. Just cutout / rip out the tabbing that holds the bulkhead in place and replace with epoxy and cloth ... and then provide a diagram of where your bulkheads are to those who haul and block your boat OR better put little marks along the waterline exactly where the jackstands should be positioned.
;-)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook