SailNet Community - View Single Post - Working while living aboard
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012
Swab

vega1860 is on a distinguished road
Re: Working while living aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobGallagher View Post
My current boat (C&C 30 MK1- insert shameless plug here- good condition- great price) is for sale. I've been doing lots of boat shopping. Contemplating renting my house and giving it a go here in New England. brrrr.

My problem is that I must wear a suit and there is no way around it. The only solution I can think of is to keep my suits hanging in my vehicle. There is no boat in my price/size range that offers that kind of hanging space. Thankfully, the rest of my wardrobe consists of a couple pair of Levi's, shorts, sweaters and T-shirts.

The good news is that my employer has an on site gym w/ nice showers. I could work out every morning and take a shower there
Before I retired I had a similar situation. I bicycled to work from the marina, showered in the gym and changed into business attire. Fortunately, I seldom had to wear a suit (In Hawaii). I kept the suit, a blazer, slacks and a couple of shirts at the office. Bicycle home, shower, change, beer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook