It has been quite some time since I checked this forum!
It seems your connector system was much like mine, except there is no access port in my mast.
I did find a reasonable rubberized connector, and it is going on tomorrow
The mast wiring has been quite a challenge, as some of the wires in the coachroof have corroded. My autumn plan is to remove the mast base, and rerun the wires back to a new panel. I really don`t like the internal connection at the mast base, and will probably modify it for an external deck connection.
On the Westerbeke beast, I decided to remove the exhaust
manifold and heat exchanger. H E was really blocked, but a trip to local engine rebuilder and radiator shop (total of $60) has cleared it nicely. Beats the 1200 replacement cost.....
Difficult to get exhaust
manifold gasket from Torresen Marine -2 months wait. I found a company (TTL) in Dartmouth that makes gaskets, and they cut one in 24 hours.
Now to put it all back in; along with the new Racor fuel
Sounds like a lot of stuff, but as long as there aren`t too many house projects, or too many surprises it should be done this weekend. Scheduled to hit the water week of June 26. Here`s hopin.
Thanks for your feedback on the mast connections.