SailNet Community - View Single Post - still need a boat
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012

miatapaul is on a distinguished road
still need a boat

OK, I am getting rid of stuff in preparation of moving onto the boat I do not yet have. I had a yard sale that was a complete failure. I had prices really low, like $.25 on most things. I borrowed a pop up awning/tent from a neighbor, and it stormed, crushing her tent. So I hardly sold anything, and had to buy a new tent. So I figure I would just dump the stuff. We sold the house, and we had left some of the stuff we did not need/want anymore, I rented a truck to clean out the house. I go to the dump, and 2,300 pounds later, how in the world does someone accumulate over a ton of junk? Most of it was quite useable, but I just had to get rid of it, could not find a home for it even for free. There were some three legged chairs, that we never got around to fixing and that kind of stuff but most of it was perfectly good. It felt liberating to toss it all though. So I am about $140 poorer, but one step closer! Now to hit the basement of the rental house, likely at least another ton of stuff down there!

Now this weekend to start seriously look at boats. Yea.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook