SailNet Community - View Single Post - Latts & Atts is GONE!
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012

mstern is on a distinguished road
Re: Latts & Atts is GONE!

Bummer. Bob is an original, and while I found the "I'm wasted in paradise" contributions to be tiring after awhile, the columnists were interesting, and the entire editorial gestalt was a breath of fresh air. I too subscribed for a year or so, but let it expire. I would occasionally pick up a copy on the newsstand. In short, a nice change of pace in small doses.

Bob and Jody did that extensive refit of Lost Soul a few years ago, when as Bob said, the magazine was actually starting to throw off some cash. But it was only short time later that Bob and Jody started building their dream boat with Shannon Yachts and sold Lost Soul. That hull got about halfway finished before they had to pull the plug on it. And as any reader of Lats and Atts knows, Shannon runs an ad in every issue offering to finish the hull for any intrepid cruiser with the cash.

So given the obvious money issues that Bob and Jody were having, I was a bit surprised to see that someone bought the magazine. I know that Bob had been actively looking to sell the magazine, but I thought the "window of profitability" on that had closed, so I wasn't expecting a sale anytime soon.

I will miss Bob and the magazine.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook