SailNet Community - View Single Post - Has anybody gone the sub £5k route for a liveaboard?
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012

captainrizzo is on a distinguished road
Re: Has anybody gone the sub £5k route for a liveaboard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidB.UK View Post
I'm in the UK so I don't know how different the markets are, there seem to be quite a few boats for sale at the sub £5k mark ($7,789) but this one (westerly 28) seems to be the best value for money I have found so far...

I haven't been to view it yet, but on the strength of the advert and images it 'appears' to be in sailable condition and I could live-aboard straight away.

It's up at an asking price of £3500 which according to bloomberg is currently $5,452.30

At 1968 build its 10 years older than me! but looks to be in good shape.
Fingers crossed it will still be there in a few weeks time!

Thanks everybody for the feedback, I was just curious if I was likely to be buying a boat load of trouble buying so cheap and indeed if anybody else has gone this route.
David, I checked out the listing on Yachtworld. She looks to be in nice shape considering her age. The one creature comfort that I would not want to be without in a live-aboard situation is refrigeration. From the pics and full specs, I could not determine if this boat even has a built in icebox. Perhaps I overlooked it? When you go to look at the boat, you may want check to see where you can install a refrigerator unit if you wanted one. Good luck mate!

"If you want to build a ship, don't herd people together to collect wood. Just teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea"
Antoine de Saint

My Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook