SailNet Community - View Single Post - Lobster pots
Thread: Lobster pots
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: Lobster pots

Fishing buoys and lobster pots are not a huge problem down here though during the lobster season there can be a few about. Nowhere near as many as I've seen off the coast of e.g Portugal where the sea was littered with the buggers.

There is a buoy off Sydney Heads thats a trap for unwary players, we've been unwary once I blushingly admit.

To add to the blushingly admitting our biggest problem was when we ran over our mooring line. Complete cockup on the communication front saw the Womboat straddle the mooring line with buoy to port and dinghy to starboard. They re-established their relationship a short time later in a menage a trois with the propellor shaft. Urk.

Poor widdle dinghy. Never been quite the same since. Has now taken to sinking if left on mooring for a day or three, spending its time skulking a couple of feet below the surface.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook