SailNet Community - View Single Post - Gally layout
Thread: Gally layout
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006

Michael201 is on a distinguished road
We've been through several larger yachts 50 to 60 feet in length and the U shape ones in this length of boat seem to have plenty of room to move around but tight enough to steady yourself when necessary. Even know we will be spending most of our time at anchor or such, it's still a concern. The builder is looking at a reefer/freezer that looks like a typical home version (just a bit smaller) and also the counter top access freezer to boot.

I've written down the 2 propane tank suggestion and the MW issue. Actually, I had thought about that in general (changing out appliances that fail) and brought it up.

My wife has already insisted on a deep large sink with sprayer. He said they use Grohe throughout. Our choice as to which models. We are looking at Sea Recovery as the RO water system. Any other suggestions? Would this not purify all water brought into the boat?

One thing I am looking at is the DACOR coffee maker (built in like MW) that has a water line hooked up so all you add is beans. I know it's expensive but we love coffee and this system is instant!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook