SailNet Community - View Single Post - Circling Door County
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012

Richard61 is on a distinguished road
Circling Door County

The second and third week of July I am taking my 26ft PY26 Paceship out for her shakedown cruise. I plan on leaving from Green Bay WI and sailing the bay all the way up to Fayette State Park in the UP. Then returning home on the lake side of Door county crossing back to the bay via the Sturgeon Bay ship canel. Having lived in both Sturgeon and Green Bays for 20 plus years I know most of the places I would like to see from the land side but I am asking all you are there any places that I should put on my do not miss list. I am looking at a 10-14 day window for the trip so I have plenty of sightseeing, fishing, or weather delay time built into the trip. I hate trips that are so full that you feel rushed along the way. On road trips my stepdad would get me so angry when he would drive past great sights but not stop because he had to make time. As if getting to the next motel an hour later would kill him. I don't think I will ever get him into the sailboat because as a former police officer he is more of an 75/80 mph guy, not a 5 knot type person at all. I am hoping to shake all the bugs out on this trip as I will be putting her on a trailer(hello wide load permits) in August and pulling her to Grand Portage MN and striking out for Isle Royal Nat park. Thanks in advance for any advice. Richard
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook