SailNet Community - View Single Post - Question about liveaboard/anchoring regulations
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road
Re: Question about liveaboard/anchoring regulations

I have lived all over the Western Caribbean on the hook and the gov's. there could care less. They have real problems to worry about. It's an up tight, upper middle class with an ocean view, pompus, cut the shrubs straight, move to a bar district and complain about the noise, buy a house on the water and complain about the boats in the bay, land lubb'n, dare I say Yankee attitude. I grew up on the hook in the Key's and as the mangroves came down and the neighborhoods went up, we were told to move along. It is alway's some p-whipped dudes wife from some up tight snow bird community complaining. Add boat bums to the equation and it's almost hopeless. They are trying to pass a law, no engineless vessels alowed to anchor. I don't have an eng. by choice. Friggin land lubbers should'nt be allowed to even look at the water! ( I kid) No offense intended, but that's how it is down here, has been for 30 years.
And the boating community else where consits of local fisherman and us, so it's different.

Last edited by Capt.aaron; 06-25-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook