SailNet Community - View Single Post - Question about liveaboard/anchoring regulations
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012

souljour2000 is on a distinguished road
Re: Question about liveaboard/anchoring regulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.aaron View Post
It's all about keeping it together. Keep your boat looking like it's ready to sail. bottom clean, move every couple of week's. Anchor light, proper head set up, current reg. I know I can get to where I start looking like an f'n Gypsy with my shade tarps and three diff kind's of dingy hanging off the back if I stay too long in one spot. Now a day's I look like I just got there and I'm ready to leave any min. It's kept the fuzz of my back.
I agree with all of the above Aaron but I'd have to say that clean boat/current reg./anchor light but especially "move every couple of weeks" is probably the best way to avoid any "Imperial entanglements"....I do the best I can and have kept three boats in the same spot for 3-4 years in Sarasota bay...I have been fined once for no anchor light...and forced to move once when I allowed my boat to get too close to some residences when there was a 300 foot ordinance(that ordinance got canned a while back....for now)...but I am learning...got lucky once when the boat slid a few hundred yards...when I did not have enough ground tackle...It is a learning curve especially when you don't live on the boat but I live very close by...It's the only way I could have gotten to this juncture..Now I have a 40-footer and I have learned alot along the way where I am cautiously confident in my abilities to keep her and myself out of trouble...

Last edited by souljour2000; 06-25-2012 at 12:52 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook