Crazy Woman Boat Driver
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Heading south down the US east coast to the Bahamas
Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 14
Re: electric vs manual toilets
I have/had both.
1. Easy to use even a caveman can use it. When you have guest on board easy to show how to use.
2. Macerates wastes so no blockage from large log laying animals.
3. If unknown blockage from unauthorized object; will usually get stuck at the motor end not the past the joke valve end. Makes fixing easier.
4. Easy to use.
5. If you have a long run from toilet to holding tank the macerated waste will travel better through hoses and not clog said hose.
1. Uses precious amps when on the hook.
2. I will disagree with the other poster in that mine and others I know that have one, the electrical motor has never failed. Only thing I have ever done is replaced the joker valve once after 6 years of liveaboard use.
3. If said animal laid down a log that deserves to be in the Guinness Book of Records or a master piece for the Tate Modern Art Museum it will be destroyed. Furthermore, you lose the ability to admired the second time during pump out.
Catalina 445, Hull #90
Last edited by Melrna; 06-25-2012 at 05:15 AM.