SailNet Community - View Single Post - Darkside My A$$
Thread: Darkside My A$$
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012

pdqaltair is on a distinguished road
Re: Darkside My A$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccriders View Post
And that is why the guys that sail these where there is any wind at all carry an extra life preserver...mounted at the masthead.

John

Only the idiots.

The extra windage aloft just increases the trouble. I sailed a beach cat for many years, flipped her pleanty, and never turtled or had trouble righting. Just technique, man. Generally the cause is folks holding on the to the rigging. Another cause is a leak in the mast (it is sealed and provides the required floatation, but sometimes the seal is breached by owner repairs or mods).

As for righting, easy with 2, possible with one using a righting bag. No troubles.

-----------

Performance dingy sailing (mono or multi) has always required reflexes and specific knowledge. Quite different from keel boats. No one should miss out on it. I miss it, but don't have the time for both.

"Well, I just climb up to them."

by Joe Brown, English rock climber

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by pdqaltair; 06-25-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook