SailNet Community - View Single Post - Why are the Ladies silent on Sailnet?
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012

pointyendfirst is on a distinguished road
Re: Why are the Ladies silent on Sailnet?

ok this totally cracks me up- DRFyou are my hero, and I would love to have that cool drink when next I am in the B'more/Annapolis area where i am based in the states. SSCA Gam/Annapolis Sailboat show is on my calender if i can get a FF ticket!

BLJ I have read all your Dock 6 stuff and have gotten lots of ideas for refit and sail and life, and SD you are someone i look up to and fear!!! (kidding, sorta)

thank you all for being nice. It has been an interesting process becoming a skipper. I moved here to TZ 5 years ago with a winch handle, intending to find a boat to fit under it. I found a 1967 Westerly 28 which is a fantastic little boat for a beginner, and have gradually worked my way up to several week long cruises to Zanzibar with my husband and one 10 day cruise down to Mafia an island about 70? miles south of here. Unfortunately, 2 weeks after that, some friends were taken hostage by Somali pirates east of Mafia so we haven't ventured back down there. (Luckily after 20 months my friends have just been released. I would have been on that boat but decided I didn't have enough faith in the skipper to make the trip to ZA with them. whew.)

I used my angle grinder for the first time yesterday- big excitement! still in the bashing out stage, but hope to start on the upward slope e.g. think i have figured out how to re-install all my fixed portlights which are currently in my living room....

thanks again for all the wonderful info as well as quietly shared camaraderie i have enjoyed from you all!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook