SailNet Community - View Single Post - Latts & Atts is GONE!
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: Latts & Atts is GONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvander66 View Post
I dont agree. I am not a fan of Hunter sailboats, but would sad should they disappear. Why?, because they are part of the sailing community. Weather you like or dislike the magazine, it means one less source of info, one less publication which promotes sailing.
I believe the magazine "living aboard" was also taken over by Seafaring a few years ago, so that mag is likely also gone.

Not an event which should be cheered by sailors IMHO, whether you love or hate the magazine.
I don't think anyone is cheering, merely giving reasons why it became commercially unsustainable and/or why its time had passed.

For mine I care not if it survived or not but if some folk want to read it then hey, that's OK by me. Even if the new owners were somewhat dodgey had L&A been making money I doubt they would have cut and run. Not as if they bled it dry, by the sounds of things their was not much cash in that particular cow.

L&A began on the smell of an oily rag. If it is a valid business model then it should not be all that difficult for BB & J to resurrect the thing. Capital involved not large though as a start up it would presumably be on a more modest scale than it was at the end. It might well be profitable enough to support a cruising lifestyle but I doubt it would be profitable enough to buy the boat itself and I don't mean the Shannon, more Lost Soul II.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.

Last edited by tdw; 06-25-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook