SailNet Community - View Single Post - Latts & Atts is GONE!
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Latts & Atts is GONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvander66 View Post
I dont agree. I am not a fan of Hunter sailboats, but would sad should they disappear. Why?, because they are part of the sailing community. Weather you like or dislike the magazine, it means one less source of info, one less publication which promotes sailing.
I believe the magazine "living aboard" was also taken over by Seafaring a few years ago, so that mag is likely also gone.

Not an event which should be cheered by sailors IMHO, whether you love or hate the magazine.
I'm not necessarily cheering, bv. I'm just saying that the L&A angle is over...like Tupperware. Think about it...who is the "Lowrider" audience these days? Dudes that trailer their Hogs to Sturgiss and pretend they're bad-asses for a weekend. It's all pretend. The Easy Rider era is way gone.

This same pretense, the zeitgeist of L&A, fell out of sailboating far more quickly than it has with bikes because of the cost and work involved. You can't trailer your 50' Shannon to St. Thomas for a weekend of badassery...even if 3-5 of the breasts are still perky.

Sailing in general is becoming something far different...more sophisticated. I honestly think it's on the brink of a bit of a resurgence. And, though I can't quite put my finger on what it will look like yet, L&A definitely wasn't "hip" to it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook