SailNet Community - View Single Post - Gally layout
Thread: Gally layout
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006

Michael201 is on a distinguished road
I guess the stand up refer in the galley will be designed for marine application and will have the necessary safety designs (good latch with pin and shelving to keep things from falling all over) but I'm going to be sure.

Regarding the taste RO brings, I'll discuss that with the boat builder (new Passport 615) and see if he has thought about that issue.

The U shape is getting more attractive. The only disadvantage I can see with the U shape galley is the size when on the hook and not rocking but my wife feels she won't have too many helpers in the galley as she does in the kitchen at home so the size isn't as important. The only thing is where will the stand up built in reefer and built in coffee system go. I guess that can still be in the CW area.

Regarding hand holds and grab rails, the other models they design seem to be well thought out in this regard but we're going to China to the build site next spring and will be able to tell them where to add extra ones where we desire. One of the engineers will be there with us so we can't make any mistakes.

Thanks for all your suggestions so far.

PS We're sailing the globe (except too far south of the equ) for 2 to 3 years or more.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook