SailNet Community - View Single Post - Blue Water Boat??? Pearson 365
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Blue Water Boat??? Pearson 365

I crew on a 365 ketch 3-4 times a year in off-shore races. It's a great boat (though I personally prefer faster sloops). I'd have a hard time seeing any reason it wouldn't be able to cross oceans.

I've also off-shore raced on a Pacific Seacraft 37, which is now on a circumnavigation and doing just fine. That too was a solid boat. But they've done a good amount of work on it as they've gone (which is pretty common apparently on any boat from what I've seen).

As long as it's in good shape, I think just about any boat can cross oceans (even a Hunter). It's more the sailor than the boat.

There's tons of info on here - as well as many, many salts that will talk you through just about anything.

While you're waiting for some responses you can start poking around in this thread: The Salt's Corner Table

It's a thread with some of the best info to some of the most asked questions around here - including yours. And you can see who some of the go-to guys are.

Enjoy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook