SailNet Community - View Single Post - Life vests for the well-endowed
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012
Total Sailing Novice

Brigala is on a distinguished road
Re: Life vests for the well-endowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFerron View Post
In most cases, this isn't a good idea. If you find something is wrong with your boat and you end up overboard,
That's not what I meant... what I mean is that the stupid fanny pack thing seems like of very limited usefulness. I want a "real" life vest because the whole point of a flotation device is to keep you alive long enough to be rescued in the event of something going wrong. In a situation where all I need is a little extra buoyancy around my waist... well... I have plenty of natural buoyancy anyway so I don't think a mere flotation belt will improve the situation a lot.

I'm quite aware that I'm not a strong enough swimmer to save my hide (let alone help protect my kids or anybody else I'm responsible for) in case of a true emergency.
~*~ Complete and total newbie looking for a first boat ~*~ Advice Welcome ~*~ Miniature Sheep Farmer ~*~ Child Passenger Safety Technician ~*~ Will trade my knowledge of shepherding or car seats for your knowledge of sailing! Just ask!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~*~
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook