View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012
Total Sailing Novice

Brigala is on a distinguished road
Re: Life vests for the well-endowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eherlihy View Post
Brigalia - +2 for having the guts to post the pic
Hah! I thought about it for quite a while. But, you know... that's what I look like. Why should I be ashamed of it? Frustrated that I can't find clothes that fit well? Yeah. Tired of it hurting my back? Hell yeah. But I figure you all are way more mature than the kids who made fun of me in the 6th grade.

Money's not a huge concern. I mean, it's always a factor, since my herb garden only grows basil and not money. But I'm not one to skimp on stuff that is there to save your life. You'd probably all choke if you knew how much I'd spent on car seats for my daughter in the 2 short years she's been alive... ... and not because more expensive directly = safer, but because a safety device is only as safe as it is used consistently and correctly. Something that doesn't fit just right tempts you to get lazy and maybe not wear it or not secure it properly... the principle applies equally to car seats or life jackets as near as I can tell.

My husband is one of those people who believes he's invincible and shouldn't have to wear a life vest. I hope one of those inflatables will convince him otherwise. If it takes $300 to reduce the chance that I get to live as a widow, I'm all for it.
~*~ Complete and total newbie looking for a first boat ~*~ Advice Welcome ~*~ Miniature Sheep Farmer ~*~ Child Passenger Safety Technician ~*~ Will trade my knowledge of shepherding or car seats for your knowledge of sailing! Just ask!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~*~
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook