SailNet Community - View Single Post - Android app is not really free.
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Re: Android app is not really free.

I'd say Amen but I'm still not ready to jump. Here on the Right Coast the monthlies aren't quite caught up to the big cellcos. They've started offering Androids--this year--but just a few of them. They're coverage (i.e. MetroPCS) is spottier, and requires proprietary phones if you want good data coverage/speed. And the seemingly nice folks at Straighttalk (Walmart) dodge technical questions, occassionally remembering odd things like they have unlimited calling--but won't provide 3-way calling at all. With unspecified "other" features or services that may not work. Then there's Virgin/Boost, who last I checked used the old Nextel side of the Sprint/Nextel business, resulting in dog slow speeds and sometimes 48 hours of "no circuits available" on weekends.

Yup, they're all just full of tricks here. Major league or minors alike. I keep thinking of the Progresso commercial, with soup cans on strings....ah, for the good old days. :-)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook