Thread: E - Z Jacks
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012
Old as Dirt!

svHyLyte is on a distinguished road
Re: E - Z Jacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by H and E View Post
I have been thinking of ordering a set of the E Z Jacks for my Catalina 25. I sail solo quite often and think they would be nice to have. I do remove the boom and unstep the mast to move to various lakes a couple of times a year. I have sent questions to them through their WEB site but get no response. I would like to know if any of you have them and are happy with them. I will want the system that runs lines to the cockpit to control. Any input will be appreciated.
We had them on our prior boat, a Cal 2-29, and were very happy with the system. They could be pulled forward away from the sail when not needed and easily deployed when required. I went with a Dutchman system with our current boat and, unfortunately, wish I had stayed with EZJacks. Less costly, by a lot, as or more effective, and no chafe on the leach of the sail from a riser cable.

FWIW...
"It is not so much for its beauty that the sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook