SailNet Community - View Single Post - 52' houseboat aground holly hill,FL.
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012
SERIOUS SAILOR

JoeDiver is on a distinguished road
Re: 52' houseboat aground holly hill,FL.

You know...I was starting to sit back and watch....thinking maybe this guy has a point....but this last post is just whacko.

I find no reference to any "Navigable Waters Act of 1977"...however there is a Clean Water Act of 1977.

There is a Navigable Rules Act of 1980....but what it has to do with all this.....ask the Coast Guard I guess.

While it's perfectly okay for an individual to contact the FBI....I feel it highly doubtful the Florida State Attorney General would advise an individual to contact the FBI to initiate an investigation. The AG would do this themselves once they decided to take on the prosecution of this...BUT I highly doubt the AG would even acknowledge this outside of "hire an attorney and prosecute" advise to the complainant.

Quote:
Again, please refrain from comments regarding the baker act, since you obviously do not know maritime laws governing our nations waterways.
Here's a link to some more info on Florida's Baker Act. It has nothing to do with maritime law.

I'm sorry Tex...and I'm not trying to call names...but seriously, now you're just coming over as a blathering fool....and in all of this, perhaps the Baker Act is the most appropriate citation in the whole thread.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1982 Catalina 25 #2897
FK/SR/Traditional
Eagle Mountain Lake, Texas
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook