SailNet Community - View Single Post - 52' houseboat aground holly hill,FL.
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Re: 52' houseboat aground holly hill,FL.

Joe-
"I feel it highly doubtful the Florida State Attorney General would advise an individual to contact"
I had occassion to contact a Florida "authority" in order to try getting their handicapped parking rules enforced for someone who needed to use one. The lot owners had installed hald the legally required number of spots, which lead to a lot of canes and walkers being bashed about for months and months and I said, oh, this is silly, let's just get the law enforced.
I got referred between SEVEN municipal, state, country, and local agencies, each one saying, gee, that's someone else's job. Worked my way up the scale to Talahassee so that when the **** ran back downhill, no one could complain they hadn't been given a chance. Sure enough Talahassee said "No, what you read is the law, there are no exemptions, there is no grandfathering, if they don't want to fix it we'll come down and apply the daily fines ($10k?) retroactive to the day they built it."

Funny thing, when you have quotes for chapter and verse, there's only so much bumph that can pushed around. When you can't cite chapter and verse--it often means someone is just trying to push around more bumph.

Rarely as well as when Doctor Who does it.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook