SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pearson 30 rig tuning
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012

Robcooper0767 is on a distinguished road
Re: Pearson 30 rig tuning

Rich,
Downloaded the Selden Guide, very comprehensive. It's still a bit daunting, but I'm a see it done once and I've got it person....or just do it (it will take me alot longer alone but it will be a learning experience). When I bring it up from Rock Hall to HDG area I'll let you know and if interested you can come see her. She's not a beauty queen, but not a disgusting looking gal either. The old powder/royal blue topsides which might get changed to white this winter. I put in new through hulls, 2 from the old head (original 1970's vintage and a new ST40 speed/temp transducer/mount. Already have the ST40 Depth. Installed 20A Charles Battery Charger, auto bilge pump, had all deck hardware rebedded, had bottom blasted to gelcoat - 2 coats of barrier coat, 3 coats bottom paint, red/med blue/midnight-navy blue final. New 7/16" VPC Jib Halyard, new 1/2" StaSet Jib/Genoa Sheets, new StaSet travellers. Topsides cleaned until my arms fell off but former owners docked "by braille", I think.
Anyway, I think she's looking ok and can't wait to sail her. A friends husband has a J30 and won the Chesapeake 1999 Championship, so he's also a good potential "hands-on" help if I can compete with his rowing schedule. If available, he may help me sail her from Rock Hall, so the re-adjustments...I'm sure he'll know his way around.
Again,
Thanks for the help...will keep you posted. Cheers!!
Passeggiata - Pearson 30, #644
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook