SailNet Community - View Single Post - Fuel Additives for Ethanol
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012

pdqaltair is on a distinguished road
Re: Fuel Additives for Ethanol

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbeard View Post
Just curious , when was the last time you sat down to a meal of #2 yellow corn? Here in North America, that is the main feedstock for making ethanol. Ethanol is made from the starch in corn, leaving all the protein and minerals for food.
* A presumably the farmer could plant other crops. That was a silly statement.
* Ethanol is subsidized and exempt from road taxes. I have a problem with that, since income tax and Federal debt make up the difference.

Just politics, per Al Gore, November 22, 2010:

"One of the reasons I made that mistake [over ethanol] is that I paid particular attention to the farmers in my home state of Tennessee, and I had a certain fondness for the farmers in the state of Iowa because I was about to run for president" in 2000.

With lamentable results:
UN Expert Calls Biofuel 'Crime Against Humanity' | LiveScience

------------

But now it is a sacred cow and there is nothing for it but to learn better fuel management. Full tanks. Run the engine a bit more. Close vents on portable tanks.

"Well, I just climb up to them."

by Joe Brown, English rock climber

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook