SailNet Community - View Single Post - The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road
Re: The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??

Now we are talking about need's and want's. Most people's " absolutally need's" are my "don't even want's." After food, water, shelter and clothing every thing else is Gravy. I haven't had this lap top for a year and I certainally don't need it. What young people need to do is get real about what they need and focus on that. I needed to move on to Grand pa's little sloop because it was realisitcally all I could afford. I needed to not have the over head of rent, cable, car insurance, and what ever else townies thought they needed. I needed to live in a town small enough to get around on a bike, anchor out for free and work for tips. People talk about how expensive the Key's or Miami is and I'm like, that's the only place I can afford to live! warm all year, EZ living, good holding, tourist dollars to be had. I was making a bit less, but not far from three figures working for tips at the same time my pears where in cubicles with their degree's, loans and huge over head.

Last edited by Capt.aaron; 06-30-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook