SailNet Community - View Single Post - US Yacht 25' - Are they as bad as they say?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012
Stupor-user.

SHNOOL is on a distinguished road
Re: US Yacht 25' - Are they as bad as they say?

Upkeep is the deal (the windows leak, like in my Capri 25, and my Capri 22, at 30+ yeras the seals/windows crack and leak, duh)...as for kenneth... well, I think he stands out as a colossal waste of electrons, other than that... who cares?

The OP asked a question are they horribly built as has been said. They aren't any worse than, a Catalina, or a Hunter, or a MacGregor, evidence is they are still being sailed 30 years later, and they were a production boat. They have their issues, as they all do.

My personal experience with the 27, and the 25 is they are tough boats, sail well, but aren't going to set the water on fire with speed. With that they are big for their size (cruiser class). The US Yacht brand is slightly different than the Buccaneer or Bayliner models, they are arguably lighter, and less ugly, and generally better laid out.