SailNet Community - View Single Post - Islander 37MS owners
View Single Post
post #18 of Old 07-01-2012
Re: islander 37ms owners

Originally Posted by nwr View Post
I have a 1973 37Ims that i've had for 5 years. she's now for sale since we're now 2 boat owners, bought a 45 ALOA Ketch. originally a Yachtcraft Kit, sold in 1973 hull and deck. completely rebuilt interior and all systems and running rigging. listed for sale on yachtworld or call 843-364-1407 cel. with Perkins 4-107 (526 hrs) 150 gal fuel(1000NM + 6kt range) 180 gal water. all systems/wiring/piping/plumbing new since 2004. full engineering drawings onboard. documented. as far as being a good seaboat, we brought her across the gulf of mexico, New Orleans to Tampa, in June 2003 in a 50kt storm, seastate 6-7, seas 16-24 ft. under reefed main rode good at 7 - 8 kts. stable in the storm. st4000MKII autopilot handled her the whole trip of 3 days. narrow beam and good ballast ratio kept her on her feet. cockpit was a bit wet with the blowing spray but didn't have the inside complete enough yet to ride it out inside. it was rough enough that i was glad i wasn't in my 36 Catalina which didn't ride anywhere near as nice in a high sea state.
neal richardson

Hello. Am interested in Islander 37' MS. Looking to contact one owner, but no response from yesterday on different group. Am interested in more information AND THE PHOTOS :>) !

Please send a little of each. Thanks.

Almost Famous
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome