SailNet Community - View Single Post - Best way to go?
Thread: Best way to go?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012
Banned

dabnis is on a distinguished road
Re: Best way to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac-pro View Post
Hello every one,

My name is Neil, and yes I'm a newbe.. Never been on a sailboat, but would love to get one.. But I'm suck in Alberta, I want to see the world and I plan on it..

So heres the plan:

Me and some of my family members want to drive from Edmonton Alberta to Miami, where I plan on having a sailboat ready for this trip..

Then jump on boat(witch I don't have) and sail to brazil to watch a world cup soccer game in 2014..
I need to know what's the best way to go and any info for this newbe would awaome, what would you guys do if you wanted to go what would you must haves..

Thanks
Before you put a whole lot of money, blood, sweat and tears into this I suggest you "test the waters" to see if you even like sailing, especially for long rough conditions. Don't know if there are any sailing opportunities near you? If not it might be a good investment to visit the coast and try to go out with an experienced skipper or a crewed charter. Even a sportsfishing charter boat to get a feel for rough ocean conditions. It is a long way on a cramped boat to get
there. A trial run or two may be a big eye opener. I am not trying to rain on your parade but that is a very serious undertaking with your and other lives at risk.

Paul T
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook