SailNet Community - View Single Post - Another "Next Generation" anchor enters the market...
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
Re: Another "Next Generation" anchor enters the market...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantus Anchors View Post
In reference to individual anchor performance in our tests, can you be more specific about what data cast doubt in your mind?
In general our tests show agreement with previous results. In really soft silty bottoms all anchors can set, so blade surface area decides the best holding. In this situation
Since you asked so politely ... *grin*

Caveat - I watched once through on my phone and paused at the graphs so I may have missed something.

I saw really outstanding performance from CQR in one particular bottom that surprises me. I saw generally low performance from Rocna that surprised me.

We got really pounded by TS Debby here and are still in recovery so Internet is up and down, slow when we have it. I'll be happy to look more carefully in a few days. Do you have a test protocol? Did you do 30 or more sets of each anchor in each location to get some statistical significance? I did like what I saw of your test set-up. If you meet professional academic standards have you considered writing a paper for a peer-reviewed journal? The real science would be cool to see from someone. I've been working on a protocol off and on for a couple of years that would allow truly apple-to-apples comparisons of multiple evaluations at multiple sites. I need a civil engineer or ocean engineer with chops for saturated soils to finish and publish. Anyway - that's a digression.

Best of luck with your product.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook