SailNet Community - View Single Post - Fairlee Creek entrance with 6' 3" draft?

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012   #6
NickPapagiorgio

NickPapagiorgio is on a distinguished road
Re: Fairlee Creek entrance with 6' 3" draft?

Thanks guys... I called the dock master at Great Oak Landing and he gave me the same info... go at high tide. The problem is high tide is noonish and we probably won't be out of our slip in Harve de Grace until 10 a.m. at the earliest.

I've talked to the charter company about switching from the Beneteau 393 to a Catalina 350. The Catalina only has a 4' 6" draft, so depth shouldn't be an issue. The only problem is the lack of a third cabin, but I think we can manage since it will only be two nights. Also, we chartered the Catalina last year, so I'm more familiar with that boat as well.

At this point, I'm a little torn between taking the 393 and going to Worton, or switching up to the 350 and sticking with Fairly Creek...

Kevin
NickPapagiorgio is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook