SailNet Community - View Single Post - Privilege 45 for offshore cruising?
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012

captainrizzo is on a distinguished road
Re: Privilege 45 for offshore cruising?

Quote:
Originally Posted by welljim View Post
no experience at all with multihulls but I'm toying with the idea of considering seriously a Privilege 45 (1995 model).
A catamaran is in my 5-year plan as we will sell the house at some point, retire, and begin our cruising adventure. When my wife stepped onto a Lagoon 42 at the Annapolis boat show last October, she said "I could live on this!" Really...who couldn't? My wife has never sailed on a catamaran before but I am working on getting her out for a daysail on a new acquaintance's cat. There is a huge difference in how they handle vs. a monohull and I want my wife to experience it. I chartered a Robertson and Caine 45' cat in the BVI a few years ago and absolutely loved it!

I am just beginning my research and keeping a pulse on the catamaran market. When I find the right boat, my plan will be to charter the same make/model for at least a week to see if it is the right boat to purchase. A wise friend of mine once said to me "I am not telling you what to do...I am telling you what I am doing!" Best of luck to you!

"If you want to build a ship, don't herd people together to collect wood. Just teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea"
Antoine de Saint

My Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook