SailNet Community - View Single Post - Captain Cool almost becomes Captain Crunch....
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012

tonytheboat is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Captain Cool almost becomes Captain Crunch....

it was 30,00am and my watch it was blowing a hoollee coming across the bay of biscay and we were taking a battering and so my watch over, i went below for a well earned cup od tea when a head stuck itself arornd the hatch , tony come up and have a look at this please. our running light were on and by now the waves were about 5 meters and behind us in the distance was a tanker of some kind, it got closer as i called her up on channel sixteen , no answer , right put on all the deck lights, still it got closer by now we could pick out the bridge, this damn thing was to close, i went below returning with twi parachute flares, the watch looked on in amazment as i shot it at the bridge windows,it hit and then bounced over the bridge , i waited there was no movement from the ship, the next flare hit the bridge windows then landed on the deck still burning, that got results they sheared off leaving us in peace. there was no a.i.s. on the vessel, as she past us tem minites later i noticed that she was a gas tanker, if she had blown then she would have taken us with her but its better than getting run down , they were sleeping on watch , the moral of this story is dont think because you can see them , they can see you and never be scared to shoot the buggers to wake them up
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook